About Me: Ikhlaq Sidhu, UC Berkeley
- Chief Scientist and Founder Sutardja Center
- Professor in IEOR at UC Berkeley
- Created many Berkeley programs
- Developed Data-X
- Advisor to many firms and executives
- Granted over 50 US Patents
- Invented technologies used at Skype, HP, US Robotics, IBM, and licensed to many others
- Awarded 3Com’s “Inventor of the Year”
- HP – Laser Printer Design
- Venture Advisor at Onset Ventures, X-Fund
- Numerous Advisory Boards and non-profits
- All degrees: Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), BS to Ph.D.
This site is a resource repository for to share my slides, papers, and other media
Contact: For interest in new projects and/or affiliated programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Also see the Sutardja Center Website at scet.berkeley.edu
My projects and programs help people – who want to create new things, grow their businesses, or transform their organizations no matter how complex the situation or technology – by teaching tactics, innovation culture, collecting helpful data, and/or coaching the leadership.
On a day-to-day basis, I work with people at..
- Innovative Firms: Engineering leaders at Apple, Google, Samsung, Cisco, Applied Materials, Lam Research, Yahoo, Network Appliances, GM, Bosch, Qualcomm, PayPal, Broadcom, VMware, and many other leading firms.
- New Ventures: Undergraduate, Ph.D. students, and faculty colleagues at UC Berkeley and the global partner institutions of the College of Engineering.
- Organizations, Universities, and Governments: Includes Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar, Chile Engineering 2030, Onset Ventures, a leading Silicon Valley investment firm, Hong Kong (HKBU), the Government of New Zealand, the Lawrence Hall of Science, and the Jacobs Institute for Design at UC Berkeley.
- Data-X: AI, Data, and blockchain, and other digital technologies analytics to support strategic projects and direction changes.
- Teaching teams and firms how to adapt, grow, and develop an innovation culture, no matter how complex the situation or technical factors.
- Advising and coaching to leaders to reduce risk in strategic and innovative projects.
- Policy, process, and structure for innovation in firms and regions.
A framework and technical course at UC Berkeley that teaches students to use foundational mathematical concepts and current computer science tools to create data-related applications and systems for real-world problems.
This program is the management track for Silicon Valley. The program builds upon the core technical skills of managers, engineers, and scientists; and provides breadth, strategy, market focus, operations, and communication skills for engineering leaders to be able to take larger roles within innovative companies.
A data-analytic approach to measuring innovation mindset and innovation culture inside companies.