Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, Also see the Sutardja Center Website at scet.berkeley.edu
Sample Topics for Talks and Seminars:
- Data, AI and Intelligent Systems for Business Innovation
- How to Enable Innovation and Entrepreneurial Culture in Large Organizations
- Applied EQ: Harnessing Technology for Customer Empathy and Profitability
- Innovation Insights: Tactics and Execution
- How we teach Berkeley students to create Innovation and Ventures (BMoE)
On a day-to-day basis, I work with people at..
- Innovative Firms: Engineering leaders at Apple, Google, Samsung, Cisco, Applied Materials, Lam Research, Yahoo, Network Appliances, GM, Bosch, Qualcomm, PayPal, Broadcom, VMware, and many other leading firms.
- Organizations, Universities, and Governments: Includes Chile Engineering 2030, Onset Ventures, a leading Silicon Valley investment firm, Hong Kong (HKBU), the Government of New Zealand, the Lawrence Hall of Science, and the Jacobs Institute for Design at UC Berkeley.
- New Ventures: Undergraduate, Ph.D. students, and faculty colleagues at UC Berkeley and the global partner institutions of the College of Engineering.
Current Programs and Projects:
My projects create the educational methods and data tools needed to enable technology innovation.
A framework and technical course at UC Berkeley that teaches students to use foundational mathematical concepts and current computer science tools to create data-related applications and systems for real-world problems.
This program is the management track for Silicon Valley. The program builds upon the core technical skills of managers, engineers, and scientists; and provides breadth, strategy, market focus, operations, and communication skills for engineering leaders to be able to take larger roles within innovative companies.
A data-analytic approach to measuring innovation mindset and innovation culture inside companies.
About Me: Ikhlaq Sidhu, UC Berkeley
- Chief Scientist and Faculty Director, UC Berkeley Sutardja Center (founding)
- IEOR Professor at UC Berkeley
- Developed Data-X, A framework for rapid impact with Data, ML, and Systems
- Co-creator, Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship to develop innovation mindsets and behaviors.
- Created many UC Berkeley programs
- Invented seminal Internet communication technologies used at Skype, HP, US Robotics, IBM, and licensed to many others. HP – Laser Printer Design
- Granted 75 US Patents
- IEEE Major Innovation Award, 2018
- UC Berkeley IEOR Emerging Area Professor Award, 2009
- 3Com “Inventor of the Year” 1999
- Venture Advisor at Onset Ventures, X-Fund
- Advisor to many firms, executives, advisory boards, and non-profits
- All degrees: Electrical Engineering, BS to Ph.D.